JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Beedie School of Business - Simon Fraser University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA
JEL Classification: M1 -- Business Administration
Management Information Systems
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia seeks outstanding candidates for two tenure-track positions in Management Information Systems, beginning July 1, 2022 (Rank Assistant Professor).
The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong ability for delivering high-quality, scholarly research, teaching excellence and leadership abilities. Special consideration will be given to candidates with scholarly program aligned with the research and teaching needs in MIS area, as well as alignment with Beedie School’s Vision 2022 strategic priorities (of innovation, social responsibility, and a global perspective). Of particular interest to the MIS faculty group are candidates with a scholarly program that emphasizes novel business research questions in innovative and cutting edge domains. Such candidates will also be expected to create original teaching content in these domains, thereby aligning their research and teaching agendas. Candidates should also have the potential to engage with practitioner communities and make an impact on practice through their research.
Applicants should have a PhD degree in MIS or a related field. Recent graduates and ABD candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information and to apply, please visit us at:
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview via Zoom.
A complete application must include:
• a cover letter
• an up-to-date, full curriculum vitae (include details of research and teaching, scholarly record, funding, and list of collaborations/partnerships)
• statement outlining the alignment of your research and teaching to the position’s qualifications, Beedie’s strategic priorities and vision
• proposed program of research and two examples of scholarly work
• a teaching portfolio and/or evidence of teaching potential in the area (this may include a statement of pedagogy, prior or proposed syllabi, and evidence of your commitment to improving your teaching practice)
• names and email addresses of 3 referees (ranked in order of preference). SFU will contact referees directly.