JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Luxembourg City, LUXEMBOURG
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
L -- Industrial Organization
P -- Economic Systems
Supply Chain Management
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Role has flexibility to be based in the following locations: Paris, Milan, Barcelona, Madrid, London, Amsterdam, Prague, and Luxembourg.
Amazon’s mission is to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. To get there, we need to develop leaders who represent, and can innovate on behalf of a diverse and demanding global customer base. The exponential and fast growth of Amazon leads to further opportunities to use state-of-the-art negotiation techniques, to maximise value for our customers.
As part of the Global Procurement Centre of Excellence and Global Procurement Value Engineering team, we are building the Amazon Procurement Negotiation Factory, which will use game theory based best practice tools and cutting-edge negotiation techniques to change the way we procure products and services. If you´d like to be part of this global procurement transformation, this is your chance to make history.
We are seeking an experienced, versatile and customer obsessed game theory and negotiation expert, to help build the Amazon Procurement Negotiation Factory. The ideal candidate is an expert in game-theoretically optimised sourcing and negotiations, with a strong track record of transferring applied game theory knowledge into holistic procurement solutions.
Ideal candidates thrive in a rapidly advancing, changing, delivery-focused environments; combining scientific insights with the demands of the business by interpreting data, developing solutions and acting decisively. This position involves regular communication with senior management on progress, risks and change control. Ability to steer extended cross-discipline virtual teams as well as project management and executive presentation skills are essential. The candidate is not just a policy maker but drives to get things done.
• Support building up the Amazon Procurement Negotiation Factory
• Lead and execute customized negotiation events for high value negotiations as part of the Amazon Procurement Negotiation Factory, in alignment with Category Procurement to achieve immediate cost reductions.
• Design project-specific negotiation and tendering strategies to optimize commercial value and holistic decision making, including game-theory based negotiation scripts.
• Develop and deploy a game theory black belt training program to build in-house game theory practitioners within procurement
• Work with experts from academia on disseminating cutting edge negotiation techniques within procurement
• Develop negotiation dashboards, with real time analytics and insights from the market intelligence team.
• Work independently and collaboratively with cross functional virtual teams
• Advanced degree in economics, business economics, mathematics, econometrics or a technical discipline, or a PhD (ideally in economics and/or game theory)
• Broad knowledge in Game Theory and Bargaining; strong track record of applying game-theoretical concepts for commercial decisions.
• Procurement or consultancy experience in category management, sourcing and negotiation, game-theoretically optimized sourcing solutions in large scale global organizations.
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distil and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
• Fluent oral and written communication skills are crucial
• Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope requirements and prioritize tasks
• Results oriented person with a strong delivery focus who can work independently and collaboratively with global teams
• Expertise in software programs for game-theory based negotiations and tenders
• Extremely customer-focused, taking the time to understand the needs of the business
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
• Passionate self-starter with the highest integrity and ethics.
- External Application Link