Guidelines for EconSpark: AEA Economics Discussion Forum
In order to enhance the value of the Discussion Forum, participants are encouraged to read and respect the following tips on usage guidelines.
The purpose of the forum is to allow individuals to share information that may be of interest to others in the profession and to ask questions related to economics.
Messages posted to the Discussion Forum appear immediately; therefore, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. While the AEA does monitor individual messages, we are not responsible for any messages posted.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the AEA or any entity or group associated with the AEA. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by e-mail to email@example.com. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. We also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of legal action arising from any message posted by you. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless AEA and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your activity on the forum.
Notice to Users
By accessing the Discussion Forum, you agree to the following terms and conditions: The following types of communications are prohibited from the Discussion Forum:
- Unsolicited commercial advertisements, solicitations or promotions of a commercial product or service.
- Messages in furtherance of any illegal act, including violations of any state or federal criminal or civil laws or regulations.
- Threatening or harassing messages.
- Messages that advocate violence or discrimination towards other people.
- Pornographic, obscene, vulgar or otherwise inappropriate material.
- Any statement that is knowingly false and/or defamatory.
- Any communication that violates any policy of the AEA or is deemed by AEA to be inappropriate.
Tips for Posting
Use a descriptive title for your messages; rather than "Help" - choose something like "U.S. Job Market 2019".
The subject of your post should clearly outline the contents of your message.
Help others help you: include all necessary information when asking questions.
When quoting a previous message, include your response above the quoted text. Also remove any portions of the previous message that you are not addressing in your message.
When critiquing another forum member's work or message, comments should be kept constructive.
Do not post messages that are WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS - this is the ASCII equivalent of shouting.
General Computer Security Guidelines
If using the discussion forum on a public computer, logout and close all browser windows. This ensures that your session has ended.
Do not share your ID or password.
Change your password periodically.
AEA does not control or endorse the content, documents, messages or information posted to the AEA Discussion Forum ("Content") and does not guarantee the accuracy, legality, integrity or quality of such Content. AEA specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Content or your use of the AEA Discussion Forum, including, without limitation, liability for any errors or omissions, or for any damage incurred as a result of the use of Content or the AEA Discussion Forum. Views expressed on the AEA Discussion Forum do not necessarily reflect those of the AEA.
Warranties and Representations
By posting Content to the AEA Discussion Forum, you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Content, including without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit such Content. In addition to the warranty and representation set forth above, by posting Content that contains images, photographs, or pictures that are otherwise graphical in whole or in part ("Images"), you warrant and represent that you are the copyright and/or trademark owner of such Images, or that the owner of such Images has granted you permission to use such Images consistent with the manner and purpose of your use and as otherwise permitted by these terms.
Notice of and Procedure for Copyright Infringement
SUMMARY: AEA is required to include this Section in order to protect itself from liability for copyright infringement. If You feel that Your copyrights have been infringed on the Site, please follow the procedure below.
(a) AEA respects other's intellectual property and proprietary rights. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, AEA has designated a Copyright Agent to receive notice of claims of alleged copyright infringement on the Site. If You believe that Your copyrighted material has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on this Site or on sites linked to or from this Site, please send AEA’s Designated Agent a notice containing the following elements:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work(s) that is/are alleged to have been infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim is/are infringing and the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work(s) exists/exist (for example, the URL of Web site where the copyrighted work(s) is/are lawfully published; the name, edition and page(s) of a book, etc.);
- A description of where the material that You claim is/are infringing is/are located on this Site, including the URL, so that AEA can locate the material;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement that You have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in the notice is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or applicable law; and
- A statement by You, under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
(b) Send the notice containing the above information to the following Designated Agent:
Name of Designated Agent:
Barbara H. Fiser
American Economic Association
2014 Broadway, Ste 305
Nashville, TN 37203
The AEA reserves the right to remove any Content from this site at any time in its sole discretion.
AEA reserves the right to reuse and republish Content from the AEA Discussion Forums.