JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
00 -- Default: Any Field
G1 -- General Financial Markets
G3 -- Corporate Finance and Governance
Status Update: Listing Closed - Enough Applications Submitted
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Commodities Research - Associate
The Commodities Strategy group conducts research on key commodities in the energy, metals and agricultural sectors, commodities as an asset class, trade recommendations, fund flows, volatility etc., publishing Citi’s views on commodities, while collaborating with other teams, advising clients, such as asset managers, hedge funds, pension funds, mutual funds, corporates and governments etc.
The research associate will be involved in:
- Constructing and maintaining quantitative models based on supply-demand fundamentals of various commodities, monitoring global macro trends and analyzing their impact on various commodity markets, as well as conducting quantitative analysis on commodities investment flows, asset allocation and index construction.
- Data analysis on established and emerging commodity markets, macroeconomic drivers, investment flows and asset allocation.
- Responding to data requests from clients; reports and presentations as needed.
- Masters or doctoral degrees in a quantitative discipline;
- 1-3 yrs. experience in markets or research, with clear interest in commodities.
- Exceptional quantitative modeling and data analysis skills.
- Statistics/econometrics and front-end programming skills (Matlab, R and VBA etc.)
- Strong interest in investment research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Application Instructions Below