JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Charles River Associates
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Senior Associate, Intellectual Property
Your drive and intelligence put you on the path to professional achievement. Become a Senior Associate at Charles River Associates, and you’ll work with and learn from some of the most-respected scholars, specialists, and industry experts in the world.
What we do
Charles River Associates is a leading global consulting firm that provides economic, financial, and business management expertise to major law firms, industries, accounting firms, and governments. We offer litigation and regulatory support, business strategy and planning, market and demand forecasting, policy analysis, and risk management consulting. CRA has offices across North America and Europe.
In our Intellectual Property practice, we bring analytical rigor and objectivity to all types of IP issues, whether in the context of high-stakes disputes, transactions, valuations or compliance matters. In the dispute context, CRA is hired to quantify and provide independent, expert testimony on damages in patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright infringement matters. CRA is also hired to perform valuations of IP for the purpose of mergers and acquisitions, licensing negotiations, or tax reasons, and to evaluate strategic business decisions as they relate to a client’s intellectual property holdings.
What does a Senior Associate at CRA do?
Managers work in project teams with Vice Presidents and junior staff on a variety of client engagements across industries. You need a solid working knowledge of financial and economic concepts, and proven project and people management skills. Responsibilities include:
• Effectively plan and manage assigned projects, including management of the work of junior staff team members
• Act as a primary point of contact for clients and assist in the presentation of our conclusions and recommendations to clients
• Create and develop client deliverables including expert reports summarizing our opinions
• Independently conceptualize and identify issues, design complex financial models to analyze economic and financial data, and oversee the creation of analyses by junior staff
• Summarize key issues identified from the review by team members of client documents, analyst reports, and third party financial, market and industry data
• Ensure the integrity and accuracy of analyses and opinions
• Assist with recruiting and training efforts
As most of our work is done in the office, minimal travel is required.
We seek candidates including recent PhDs in Economics or a Maters degree in economic or statistics. 3-6 years of relevant consulting experience including proven project management experience preferred.
Our environment is collegial and entrepreneurial, requiring teamwork and flexibility. Ideal candidates should possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, a high level of initiative and responsibility, dedication to quality, a strong work ethic, creativity, and a positive attitude. We expect Senior Associates to learn quickly; solve problems; prioritize tasks; and communicate well with peers, senior staff, and clients.
Charles River Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.
- Letters of Reference
- Job Market Paper
- Cover Letter