JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Charles River Associates
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Boston, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
New York, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
What we do
Charles River Associates (CRA) provides business management, economic and financial expertise to major industries, law firms, accounting firms, and governments. We offer business strategy and planning, market and demand forecasting, litigation and regulatory support, policy analysis, and risk management consulting services from offices across North America and Europe.
Our Life Sciences practice advises life sciences clients on global product strategy and a range of other issues, including pricing, contracting, and opportunity assessment. We also advise the agencies that regulate life sciences firms and their legal counsel. Our professionals work to enhance our clients’ competitive strength by using our expertise in economics, finance, management, intellectual property valuation, game theory, and statistics. We have a long history of helping our clients take the strongest positions in the most contentious disputes. The international expertise of CRA enables clients to tailor marketing and reimbursement strategies to particular countries within a unified global framework.
We are seeking a Senior Associate for our Life Sciences practice to contribute to the design and conduct of project work. They may serve as a project manager, direct the work of others, oversee analysis, manage client expectations, and/or communicate project results. Staff at this level are expected to work independently with minimal supervision. The suitable candidate for this role must be able to effectively plan and manage the execution of significant sub-tasks on straightforward projects, conceptualize and analyze issues, and perform or direct a wide variety of analytical tasks. They are expected to have and maintain superb technical skills and have an outstanding level of commitment to the firm and its objectives. We value a strong work ethic, creativity, a positive attitude, and a high level of energy.
• Independently identify/design analytic tasks and contribute to the development of overall analytic framework for projects that involve analysis of straightforward problems
• Interface with client representatives to communicate developments and present results
• Draft reports or presentations, or sections of reports or presentations that involve standard analysis
• Contribute to project planning and budget management efforts
• Provide training and technical supervision to less-experienced staff, including reviewing their analyses and providing coaching/direction
• Contribute to business development efforts and draft client proposals
• Masters of Business Administration, professional certifications, or equivalent work experience
• Previous consulting experience
• High-level skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis methods and techniques
• Proven staff and project management skills
• Client interaction, facilitation, presentation, budgeting, and project planning skills
Charles River Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.
- Letters of Reference
- Job Market Paper
- Cover Letter