JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Bank of Canada
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
F -- International Economics
Salary Range: $167,290 and $250,936
Status Update: Position has been filled
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Interviews will be scheduled as early as: 1 June 2015
For full job details, please visit
The key requirements listed below must be demonstrated in your cover letter, curriculum vitae and list of publications, which must be submitted with your application. If you are selected, you may be evaluated through an interview, a written assessment, a short presentation and reference verification.
• PhD or master’s in economics or finance with a minimum of 10 years of recent relevant work experience in conducting economic and financial policy analysis and research and in formulating policy advice
• linguistic requirement as per the Bank’s bilingualism policy: English and French (although the position requires a level 5 (fully functional) in the second official language, we are open to those with a lower level and will provide training to help the selected candidate reach the required level over time)
• excellent oral and written communication skills
• proven ability to communicate complex, technical concepts in a concise and clear manner to an audience with a variety of backgrounds and levels of experience
• demonstrated sound judgment in defending one’s opinion and ability to take into account different viewpoints
• in-depth technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas: monetary economics, macroeconomics, model development, real-financial linkages, exchange rates, issues related to commodity prices, the international monetary system, current analysis, and the connection between monetary policy and financial stability
• published articles on relevant research and/or policy issues in high-quality peer-reviewed academic journals
• ability to provide leadership for research activities by writing and commenting on research papers and analytical notes
• ability to draw policy conclusions from research and make research relevant to policy development
• capacity to develop and maintain productive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
• strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate a long-term vision, create team effectiveness, optimize performance, effect change, coach and provide guidance
• Condition of employment: Candidate must be eligible for reliability status security clearance.
• Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
• Relocation assistance may be provided, if required.
• For more information on key benefits, please visit .
• Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
• The Bank of Canada benefits from the unique perspectives, attributes and talents of its diverse workforce. We offer flexibility to accommodate the needs of our employees and candidates. The Bank of Canada is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from qualified men and women, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
• We will ask you to complete a mandatory questionnaire during the application process.
To apply, click on the link below or visit .
If you are a qualified candidate, please submit your application documents listed above by 31 May 2015.
However, applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
234 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, ON K1A 0G9