JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018
Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Beijing, CHINA
JEL Classification: N -- Economic History
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The CKGSB invites applicants for a two-year Post-doctor position in empirical and/or theoretical research on political economics and/or new institutional economics. The post-doctor will work closely with Prof Chenggang Xu.
Candidates should complete a PhD in economics, economic history, or political science no later than June 2018. Preference will be given to scholars in one of the following areas (not exclusive):
• Cross-country/region empirical studies of contemporary or historical institutions, and/or of contemporary or historical political economic issues, with state of the art skills in dealing with identification problems
• Micro theoretical analysis of authoritarian or totalitarian political economic institutions, e.g. mechanism design approach
• Dynamic models of political economic regime change, e.g. dynamic programing model with micro structure of institutions; calibration is preferable
• Political economic analysis of persistent autocratic institutions
Compensation Package: Competitive.
A CV, two papers, three recommendation letters. Application deadline Dec. 10, 2017.
Further Information: Ms. YU Jing at researchcenter@
We will interview the candidates at the AEA meeting in Philadelphia.
Online Application URL:
- External Application URL and Instructions Below