JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Digital technology is fundamentally changing our business, economy, and the society, but corresponding research is lagging behind. Powered by big data, it is exciting time to conduct fundamental research on some of the most important questions regarding, for example, the relation between technology and economic growth, the relation between policies and digital economy, and platform and data governance.
The research team in Alibaba is looking for the world’s best minds to lead and conduct original research in key topics of public interest. State-of-the-art computing systems and comprehensive data will be provided. Compensation will be competitive.
• PhD degree in Economics or related fields. Experienced candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Solid training in both theoretical and empirical methods.
• Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data. In particular, candidates with experience with R, Python or SQL are preferred.
• Strong understanding of e-commerce, Fintech is a plus.
• Research track record.
• Ability to work in a high-performance, fast-paced business environment with quick turn-around.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to communicate in Mandarin is a plus but not required.
Candidates submit application before January 6, 2018 will be interviewed at 2018 ASSA Annual Meeting in person. Others will be interviewed via Skype, thus please have your application package emailed to email@example.com.
Alibaba Group is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Letters of Reference
- Research Papers
- Job Market Paper