JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Asian Development Bank
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, PHILIPPINES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
multilateral development banks
international financial institutions
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is looking for talented research economists!
ADB is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. Our mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. We provide policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance to help our members achieve their development goals.
The Economic Research and Regional Department (ERCD) is seeking talented economists to be a part of its talent pool for 2022.
Led by ADB’s Chief Economist, ERCD supports the Bank’s mission through providing macroeconomic forecasts, producing statistical databases, undertaking country diagnostic studies and other analytical work on sector and thematic topics, big data analysis, impact evaluation studies, field experiments, and fostering regional cooperation and integration.
As an Economist in ERCD, you will:
• Conduct cutting-edge research on development issues relevant to policy makers in the Asia and Pacific region
• Develop analytical studies that inform ADB operations and policy debates in the region
• Contribute to ADB flagship publications and technical studies
• Join research dissemination, networking, and capacity building activities
We are looking for economists at all levels, who:
• hold a post-graduate degree (PhD preferred) in economics, preferably with a specialization in environment, climate change or other related fields
• have 2 or more years of professional experience
• have strong analytical and quantitative skills
• can undertake economic research independently
• have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• hold a nationality of our member country
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit your application by November 15, 2021. Those who are shortlisted will be invited for a virtual preliminary interview with our Chief Economist, held during the AEA Conference. Successful candidates will be invited for a written assessment, followed by a panel interview and a technical presentation.
ADB offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Staff will be entitled to various benefits including housing and education allowance, home country travel, medical insurance, learning and development opportunities, etc.
Interested candidates can apply here.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below