URM Travel Grants
The American Economic Association and its Committee on the Status of Minority Groups in the Economics Profession (CSMGEP) announces the establishment of annual URM Travel Grants.
This award is open to junior economics faculty members from groups traditionally underrepresented in the economics profession. Underrepresented minorities (URM) include persons who identify as American Indian, Alaskan Native, Black (not of Hispanic origin), Hispanic (including persons of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, and Central or South American origin) or, Pacific Islander. The goal of these grants is to advance the career and professional development of URM junior faculty. The grants will defray the cost of travel, lodging, and conference registration to attend the annual ASSA meetings. Each award will cover up to $1,000 of eligible expenses based on a review of materials.
- A cover letter of 500 words or less stating how and why attending the ASSA meetings will help with overall career and professional development goals.
- Cover letters must be accompanied by a short endorsement letter from the department chair or supervisor.
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- One-page document of the list of the meetings/conferences and/or career professional development events attended in the past.
- US Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, DACA or Eligible Non-Citizen (as defined by FAFSA)
- Untenured faculty member or junior economist in government, think tank or industry.
Application Process and Deadline
Applications meeting the criteria and requirements listed above should be submitted to email@example.com by 5 pm ET of the second Friday in November with the subject line: "URM Travel Grants."
The award winner(s) (up to 10) will be notified by early December.