JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018
China University of Petroleum (Beijing)
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Beijing, CHINA
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
E-commerce and Logistics
Energy System Modelling
Energy Management and Policy
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The School of Business Administration at China University of Petroleum Beijing (CUPB) invites applications for full rank tenure-track positions in Economics and Management at all different levels (Assistant, Associate, and Full Professors) starting from the academic year 2018. All ranks will be considered. Applicants must have a doctorate degree in Economics, Management or related fields by August 2018. We seek for applicants from all areas of Economics and Management (Econometrics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Environmental Economics, Energy Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Marketing, E-commerce and Logistics, Accounting, Information Management, Energy System Modelling, Energy Management and Policy). Candidates whose research is interdisciplinary centered on energy science and policy, as well as finance are also strongly encouraged to apply.
Detailed information about each position is listed as follows:
1. China’s 1000 Talents Plan Professor, which targets on leading researchers who have already secured full professor positions (or equivalent) in overseas top research institutes.
2. Professor, which targets on scholars who are younger than 45 and who have secured a formal academic position in overseas reputational research institutes. Candidates for this position should have internationally recognized academic achievements and publications in top-tier academic journals.
3. Associate professor, which targets on scholars who are younger than 40 and who have secured a formal academic position in overseas reputational research institutes. Successful candidates must also show a strong potential for academic excellence and have produced publications in top-tier academic journals.
4. Assistant professor, which targets on doctoral graduates from major overseas universities. Successful candidates must show a strong potential for academic excellence.
China University of Petroleum Beijing (CUPB) is one of the leading universities in China, under the Ministry of Education, “Project 211”. The School of Business Administration is a leading business school in the field of energy and resources in China. The School is committed to the excellence of both research and teaching for the purpose of advancing knowledge and educating leaders.
We will provide new faculty joining us with globally competitive compensation package, including salary, research start-up funding, and housing at Beijing. We give preference for candidates who are qualified for national fellowships, such as China’s 1000 plan, China’s Young 1000 plan and Yangtze River Scholarship, and will provide strong support in applying these scholarships. We also set up the “Top-notch Talent Fund” for young scholars with strong research potential and evidence of quality teaching. The link for detailed information is posted below:
This job information is posted on a long-term basis.
To apply, please send your cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a job market paper, and three letters of recommendation to meiyingdan@ , with the email title of “2018_ Job_Application_[Last Name]_[First Name]”. For more information, you may contact our search committee via +86-10-89733072.
- Application Instructions Below